Pot Size: Approx. 14cm(Ø) x 11cm(H)
6 in stock
Overall Height approximately (40cm)
BEFORE CHECKOUT PLEASE REFER TO OUR 'TERMS OF SALE' UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS POLICY. THANK YOU.
- It is is a genus of broad-leaved rhizomatous or tuberous perennials from the family Araceae.
- There are 79 species native to tropical and subtropical Asia to Eastern Australia and widely cultivated elsewhere.
- Alocasia is a tropical plant that is increasingly becoming popular as houseplants.
- They are typically grown as pot plants, but a better way is to grow the plants permanently in the controlled conditions of a greenhouse.
- They do not do well in the dark and need good lighting if inside the house.
- They should be cared for as any other tropical plant with a weekly cleaning of the leaves and frequent fine water misting without leaving the plants wet.
- Also known as Elephant’s ear, African Mask, alocasia colorations, leaf patterns, and overall plant size vary greatly by cultivar.
- Keep the soil moist.
- They can also be grown in a well-aerated, moist potting mix growth medium.
- For your own mix try:-
- 50 percent potting soil.
- 20 percent peat moss.
- 20 percent orchid bark with charcoal.
- 10 percent shredded sphagnum moss and a handful of perlite.
- Feed this heavy feeder every three weeks during the warmer months with one half-strength fertilizer with a balanced N-P-K ratio or 20-20-20.
- Plant in full to part shade – a bit of afternoon shade is appreciated.
- When making a site selection keep your plant in an area that has bright indirect light, but not direct sunlight.
- Water the soil well.
- Give the plant extra water during the dry season, aiming for at least 1 inch per week, including rain.