POT MEASUREMENTS: Approx. 14cm(Ø) x 11cm(H)
Pot color and size may vary and change subject to availability
Alocasia is a genus of broad-leaved rhizomatous or tuberous perennials from the family Araceae.
- There are 79 species native to tropical and subtropical Asia to Eastern Australia and widely cultivated elsewhere.
- Alocasia is a tropical plant that is increasingly becoming popular as houseplants.
- They are typically grown as pot plants, but a better way is to grow the plants permanently in the controlled conditions of a greenhouse.
- They do not do well in the dark and need good lighting if inside the house.
- They should be cared for as any other tropical plant with a weekly cleaning of the leaves and frequent fine water misting without leaving the plants wet.
- Also known as Elephant’s ear, African Mask, alocasia colorations, leaf patterns, and overall plant size vary greatly by cultivar.
- Bright, but indirect light would be ideal for the plant.
- Allow at least the top half of the plant to dry out before watering again.
- Over-watering can lead to root rot and fungal infections.
- When necessary, you may use any basic houseplant fertilizer.
- Liquid fertilizer would be ideal.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.