Big Leaf Hydrangea
Pot Size: Approx. 20cm(Ø) x 18cm(H)
Overall Height approximately 50-80cm
PRODUCT IMAGE SHOWN MAY VARY TO ACTUAL PRODUCT SOLD AND MAY CHANGE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY POT COLOR AND SIZE MAY VARY AND CHANGE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE TAKEN TO AN APPROXIMATE VALUE
Big Leaf Hydrangea
- Hydrangea is a genus of about 100 species of flowering plants native to southern and eastern Asia (from Japan to China, the Himalaya and Indonesia) and North and South America.
- Hydrangeas produce flowers from early spring to late autumn.
- The flowers of Hydrangea are carried in bunches, at the ends of the stems.
- Each individual Hydrangea flower is relatively small.
- However, the display of color is enhanced by a ring of modified bracts around each flower.
- In most species of Hydrangea the flowers are white, but in some species, can be blue, red, pink, or purple.
- In Hydrangea species the exact color often depends upon the acidity or alkalinity of the soil.
- Most hydrangeas thrive in rich, porous, somewhat moist soils.
- Add compost to enrich poor soil.
- Acidic soils produce blue flowers, neutral soils produce pale cream petals, and alkaline soils result in pink or purple.
- Hydrangeas do especially well when fertilizers are effectively used in spring or early summer.
- Use a granular, slow-release fertilizer with a high percentage of phosphorus (the middle number in the NPK ratio).
- Phosphorus is the element that encourages bloom production.
- They prefer full sun in the morning, with some afternoon shade; however, many will grow and bloom in partial shade.
- Deeply water 3 times a week to encourage root growth.
- Bigleaf and smooth hydrangeas require more water, but all varieties benefit from consistent moisture.
- Use a soaker hose to water deeply and keep moisture off the flowers and leaves.
- Watering in the morning will help prevent hydrangeas from wilting during hot days.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
Chinese New Year, Decorated Centerpieces, Flowers, Festive, Orchids$218.00 inc. GST
- $10.00 inc. GST
- $480.00 inc. GST
Chinese New Year, Decorated Centerpieces, Flowers, Festive, Orchids$98.00 inc. GST