POT MEASUREMENTS: Approx. 5cm(Ø) x 4.5cm(H)
Pot color and size may vary and change subject to availability
Bilberry Cactus, (botanical name Myrtillocactus geometrizans) is a large shrubby cactus growing to 4–5 m tall, with candelabra-like branching on mature plants.
- The individual stems are 6–10 cm diameter, with five (occasionally six) ribs, with areoles spaced 1.5–3 cm apart.
- The flowers are creamy-white, 2–2.5 cm diameter. The fruit is an edible dark purple berry 1–2 cm diameter, superficially resembling Vaccinium myrtillus (Bilberry or Whortleberry) fruit; both the scientific and English names derive from this resemblance.
- It is a popular species in cultivation, where young plants commonly remain unbranched for many years.
- The fruit is edible and sold for consumption in Mexico.
- It is a fast growing cactus and is often used as grafting stock because of this.
- With favourable conditions, it can reach heights of up to 15 feet.
Click here for more information
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.