Birds of Paradise
Pot Measurements: Approx. 20cm(Ø) x 16cm(H)
Out of stock
Strelitzia reginae, commonly known as the Crane Flower or Bird of Paradise, is a species of flowering plant indigenous to South Africa.
- An evergreen perennial, it is widely cultivated for its dramatic flowers.
- They are large, relatively easy to grow plants that lend a bold tropical flair to any indoor space.
- With proper care, a bird of paradise can grow to over six feet tall, even indoors.
- Its broad, arching leaves make a dramatic, graceful statement in your home.
- It can handle light levels from direct sunlight to low indirect light.
- It will flourish in a sunny spot.
- Keep the soil moist, but not soggy during the spring through fall.
- In the winter, allow two inches of soil to dry out between waterings.
- It cannot handle ‘wet feet’, meaning its roots should not sit in wet soil.
- It’s best to keep it on the dry side.
- It is a hungry plant because of how quickly it grows!
- During the spring and summer fertilize once a month with an all-purpose liquid feed.
- No fertilizer is necessary during the winter when plant growth naturally slows.