Pot Measurement : 15m(Ø) x 11cm(H)
The Calathea plant is a popular plant used for indoor office decoration purposes.
- It is often used in homes and businesses as well.
- It is a type of plant that prefers indirect lighting, which means makes it perfect for indoor usage and office buildings.
- Calathea plants are popular for indoor purposes because they are generally easy to care for and they look great, offering bright green plants to liven up indoor spaces.
- Calathea plants are part of the family of plants known as Marantaceae, which is a species of flowering plants from tropical areas such as Africa.
- They are famous for their wide, green, colorful leaves.
- These wide leaves make them popular for areas of low light.
- Low light plants have broad leaves to absorb and use as much light as they can get.
- In nature, they are found in jungles and at the base of trees.
Calathea plants are popular as indoor plants because they are relatively easy to care for. They can be planted in a variety of planters and locations. This means they can be placed in a variety of locations. Some of the key requirements for most species of Calathea plants include:
- Calathea plants need bright, but not direct, sunlight to grow.
- This is because they grow on the floor of jungles and forests where they get limited light through the tops of the trees.
- In fact, direct sunlight will burn the leaves of a Calathea plant and cause it to lose its vibrant colors.
- Use distilled water or water that has been purified in some way to water Calathea plants.
- Calathea like to have moist soil or planting substances, but not soggy.
- They do not want lots of water, as it can drown them.
- When you water a Calathea plant, do not water it so much that the plant ends up sitting in standing water.
- Calathea plants do not like the cold very much.
- They are from tropical areas of the world and prefer temperatures between 65-80 degrees.
- Temperatures above and below that can cause damage to the plant, first evident in the curling of the leaves.
- Calathea, again due to where they grow naturally, tend to prefer humid areas.
- They can absorb moisture through the air via the wide, green, leaves that are common for the plant.
- Calathea do not need a lot of fertilizing, but they will flower and do well with standard houseplant fertilizer during spring, summer and fall.
- They especially need fertilization during periods of growth and flowering.
- The great news about the Calathea is that it doesn’t need pruning other than the removal of brown or yellow leaves.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Chinese New Year, Festive, Plants, Flowering Plants, Orchids, Potted Plant$38.00 inc. GST
- $10.00 inc. GST
Chinese New Year, Festive, Plants, Orchids, Potted Plant$80.00 inc. GST
- $8.00 inc. GST