Caricature Plant (Graptophyllum Pictum)
POT MEASUREMENTS: Approx. 14cm(Ø) x 11cm(H)
Pot color and size may vary and change subject to availability
Out of stock
Graptophyllum Pictum, the Caricature Plant, is a shrub in the family Acanthaceae.
- It is native to New Guinea, also a well-known garden shrub.
- Caricature plant is an erect, much-branched shrub growing up to 3.5 metres tall.
- The plant has a range of traditional medicinal uses and is also used as a soap substitute.
- It is commonly grown as an ornamental and hedge plant in the tropics, and also as a pot plant in colder areas, being valued especially for its attractive, variegated leaves in which some people can see caricatures of the human face.
- It is best to use a bright light, you can grow on a southern window, but in the summer it will require shading.
- It can also grow on the west and east window.
- In low light, the color of the leaves dims.
- In the summer, abundant watering is required, especially in conditions of high air temperature.
- With insufficient moisture, the leaves quickly lose the turgor, which, as a rule, is restored after watering.
- It is best to use a loose breathable substrate consisting, for example, 1 part humus, 1 part of the turf soil, 1 part peat, 1 part perlite or sand.
- Drainage and a pot with an opening are mandatory.
- Fertilize complex mineral fertilizers approximately once every 3-4 weeks.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.