Pot Size: Approx. 20cm(Ø) x 18cm(H)
Out of stock
Overall Height approximately 3ft(92cm) – 4ft(122cm)
PRODUCT IMAGE SHOWN MAY VARY TO ACTUAL PRODUCT SOLD AND MAY CHANGE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY POT COLOR AND SIZE MAY VARY AND CHANGE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE TAKEN TO AN APPROXIMATE VALUE
Plume Celosia (Cockscomb) – Red
- Celosia is an annual plant cultivated for its strange looking flowers that resemble roosters’ head, that’s why it is also called as cockscomb.
- Cockscomb flowers are also known as Wool Flowers or Brain Celosia, suggestive of a highly colored brain.
- The flowers belong to the amaranth family, Amaranthaceae.
- Cockscomb blooms with a compacted crested head 2-5 inches across, on leafy stems that are 12-28 inches long.
- The flower’s name is suggestive of a rooster’s comb.
- It would make a great home/office/event decoration this festive season.
- In order to enjoy the bright color of Celosia flowers they need moist well-drained soil.
- They love organic amendments that improve drainage, as celosia does not like wet conditions.
- A rich soil will support fast growth, before planting add in plenty of manure, organic matter or compost.
- Fertilize once a month using a nutrient-rich compost or a liquid nitrogen fertilizer.
- For best results, plant Celosia in full sun or partial shade (8 hours per day).
- Watering once every 5 to 12 days depending on your climate.
- Water carefully around only the base of cockscomb so that the stems, leaves and flowers.
- Do not get splashed with water to prevent marring the flowers and inviting disease to the foliage.