Pot Measurements: Approx. 12cm(Ø) x 11cm(H)
The Curry Tree (Murraya koenigii) or Curry Leaf tree is a tropical to sub-tropical tree in the family Rutaceae (the rue family, which includes rue, citrus, and satinwood), and is native to India.
- Its leaves are used in many dishes in the Indian subcontinent.
- Often used in curries, the leaves are generally called by the name “curry leaves”, although they are also actually “sweet neem leaves” in most Indian languages.
- Curry Leaf makes a wonderful potted plant for your culinary collection of aromatic herbs.
- The fragrant leaf has a nutty, pungent flavor and is a prized addition to South Indian foods.
- It has been used for centuries in Ayruvedic medicine for its antidiabetic, antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Light and Temperature
- For best results, grow in full sun and keep temperatures above 40°F.
- If grown in warm conditions with high light intensity, Curry Leaf will experience less of a winter resting period.
Soil and Fertilizer
- Too much water will tend to promote root disease (root rot).
- During the warmer months, keep the plant on the dry side.
- Let the soil come to visual dryness before watering.
- Recommend growing in clay pots so the roots stay healthy.
- Use a well-drained potting mix which allows necessary moisture to reach the plant while at the same time maintaining good aeration in the soil.
- Regular applications of fertilizer are helpful to stimulate plant growth.
- You can top dress with organic fertilizer every 6 weeks or apply a liquid fertilizer at half the recommended dosage once a week during the active growing season.
- Curry Leaf is easy to harvest: simply pluck off leaves as you need them for cooking.
- These leaves have the best flavor when they are used fresh instead of dried.
- The more you harvest, the bushier the plant will become, meaning that harvesting encourages the growth for future harvesting.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Chinese New Year, Festive, Plants, Flowering Plants, Orchids, Potted Plant$98.00 inc. GST
- $6.00 – $10.00 inc. GST
- $48.00 inc. GST
- $8.00 inc. GST