Euphorbia Trigona (African Milk Tree)
POT MEASUREMENTS: Approx. 7cm(Ø) x 6cm(H)
Pot color and size may vary and change subject to availability
Its botanical name is Euphorbia Trigona.
- It is sometimes also referred to as African Milk Bush, African milk tree, candelabra cactus, cathedral cactus, friendship cactus, good luck plant or good luck cactus.
- Although it resembles one, the African milk tree is not a cactus at all, nor is it a bush or a tree either.
- It’s a succulent plant native to Africa and it’s a hardy, low-maintenance succulent noted for its erect, columnar branches and slender leaves.
- It is a member of the genus Euphorbia part of the family Euphorbaceae.
- All of these plants exude a poisonous white sap when cut or broken.
- For this reason, it’s a good idea to keep them out of the reach of kids and pets and to keep your skin and eyes well-protected when pruning, repotting or otherwise handling the plant.
- If you would like a low-maintenance, beautifully exotic houseplant that looks tropical, this one is for you.
- It can grow to heights of six to eight feet.
- The plant has thick, three-sided stalks with spines along its edges.
- Cactus-like branches, or arms, that grow upright from the sides of the stalks.
- Small leaves cover the edges and ends of the actively growing stalks and arms.
- It is a lush green plant with lighter green striations through the stalks.
- It loves bright sunlight.
- A south-facing window is an ideal location to place it, though an east or west window will also work.
- They require at least four hours of bright, indirect sunlight per day.
- If the top couple of inches of soil feel dry, deep watering is in order.
- Do not let the plant stand in water as this can lead to root rot.
- Keep the soil very lightly moist during the growing season (spring and summer).
- Provide a light feeding of balanced water-soluble succulent fertilizer monthly.
- Reduce watering and do not fertilize at all during the cooler months.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.