Globe Amaranth (Gomphrena globosa)
Overall Height approx. 30cm
BEFORE CHECKOUT PLEASE REFER TO OUR 'TERMS OF SALE' UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS POLICY. THANK YOU.
Globe Amaranth (Gomphrena Globosa)
- Globe amaranth, a.k.a. Gomphrena globosa, is a tropical annual in the Amaranthaceae family that originates in Central and South America.
- It is a compact, upright plant with colorful blooms that resemble a bright and cheerful clover.
- Beginning flower gardeners will love this no-fail, easy to grow beauty.
- Resembling clover flowers, the bright flowerheads are not comprised of petals, but tube-like bracts that hold tiny white or yellow flowers, visible at close range.
- Able to withstand poor soil and drought conditions, globe amaranth blooms all summer and into the fall, dying off only with the first frost.
- Globe amaranth will grow in poor soil but requires good drainage.
- Full sun.
- This plant will grow well in dry conditions but it is wise to water when plants are young and in drought conditions, after they are established.
- Always water at ground level to avoid wetting the leaves and inviting leaf spot.