Golden Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
Pot Measurement : 12cm(Ø) x 9cm(H)
Golden pothos is a popular house plant well known for its long, trailing stems that can grow to 8 ft (2.4 m) or more.
- Cut stems back a couple times a year to keep the plant bushy and full.
- Cutting right after a leaf node (the place where the leaf is attached to the stem) will encourage the stem to branch out, giving you a fuller plant.
- Glossy, heart-shaped leaves emerge green and become variegated with yellow or white.
- Although this plant tolerates low light well, its leaves may lose their variegation.
- It will look its best in moderate or bright light. It makes an excellent office plant because it grows well under fluorescent lights.
- Pothos is one of the best plants for removing formaldehyde in the air that comes from carpet and other materials in our homes.
- Beautiful, low-maintenance, and cleans the air. What’s not to love?
- Show off those beautiful trailing stems in a hanging planter.
- Or you can train it to climb. A tree-climber in its native tropical habitat, this plant has aerial roots that can be trained to climb a moss stick or trellis.
- Use florist wire to hold the vines while they grow and wrap themselves around the support.
- Moderate light is the sweet spot for Pothos.
- They’ll tolerate low light but won’t grow much at all.
- Just remember, low light is no light. In low light conditions, a Golden Pothos will lose its variegation & revert to solid green.
- That makes the Jade Pothos best for lower light.
- Their leaves also get smaller if they’re not getting enough light.
- Water thoroughly until the water drains out of the pot & let the soil go almost dry before watering again.
- How often you water yours depends on how warm your home is, pot size, type of pot, etc.
- Pothos are subject to root rot so it’s better to keep them on the dry side rather than too wet.
- In the colder months, water less often.
- They tolerate a wide range of temps.
- If your house is comfortable for you, it’ll be for your pothos also.
- Just keep them away from cold drafts and heating or air conditioning vents.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.