Pot Size: 18cm(L) x 8cm(B) x 8cm(H)
Overall Height approximately (25cm)
POT COLOR AND SIZE MAY VARY AND CHANGE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND MAY VARY
- It is really a “false” cypress (while the Cupressus genus is the “real” cypress).
- It is an evergreen coniferous tree native to Taiwan and southern Japan.
- It can grow up to 40 meters (130ft) tall and the trunk can reach a diameter of 3 meters (10ft).
- The scale-like leaves are dark green and form flat fanning fronds.
- The bark is reddish-brown and peels in strips.
- It is a monoclinous plant that produces globular cones containing small winged seeds.
- As a bonsai, this species needs constant foliage maintenance, because if the trees are not pruned frequently the lower and interior branches will not get sufficient sunlight and die.
- Use a well-draining soil mix, but in hot climates add a bit more humus for water retention.
- Hinoki cypress does not like lime and prefers slightly acidic soil.
- Apply solid organic fertilizer every four weeks or use a liquid fertilizer every week during the growing season.
- It needs a place in full sun during the growing season.
- In winter it also needs much light.
- Protect the trees against hard frost and icy winds.
- Water the hinoki cypress as soon as the soil gets dry, but don’t keep the roots soaking wet all the time.
- Use lime-free water.
- In winter, water less but never let the rootball dry out completely.
- The foliage likes humidity and can suffer when exposed to hot dry wind.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.