Pot Measurement : Approx. 9cm(Ø) x 7cm(H)
InchPlant, also known as Tradescantia zebrina, is one of the easiest houseplants to grow.
- It is almost too easy to grow as a garden plant within its hardiness zone, where it is sometimes considered invasive.
- The most difficult thing about growing it is getting the moisture levels right.
- This is a plant that likes moist soil but abhors being soggy.
- Make sure to plant it in well-drained potting soil, as the roots can easily develop rot if they are too wet.
- Mixing a bit of sand into a commercial potting soil that has an ample amount of organic material is a good solution.
- It is best suited for hanging containers, and it needs a location with plenty of indirect natural light.
- These plants can become leggy and scraggly with large sections of bare stems unless they are pinched back regularly to keep them bushy.
- They do not require much in the way of feeding.
- They are very easy to propagate from small stem cuttings.
- They do best in bright but indirect sun.
- Without enough light, the variegation of the leaves begins to fade.
- Too much sun, though, can cause the leaves to scorch.
- This plant can well with ordinary potting soil if it is not over-watered, but prefers a soil that drains well.
- Mixing a small amount of sand into commercial potting soil is ideal.
- This plant does well if kept moist but not soggy.
- It should be watered weekly in the summer, less frequently in the winter.
Temperature and Humidity
- It thrives at temperatures between 18 and 23 degrees Celsius, but will also do fine in warmer temperatures.
- However, below 10 degrees Celsius, the leaves may become discolored or damaged.
- The plant doesn’t require much, if any, feeding. At most, use a water-soluble fertilizer diluted to half strength, applied bimonthly.
- More aggressive feeding can cause the plant’s leaves to lose their variegation.
Potting and Repotting
- They do not die if they are not repotted, but they will benefit from potting up to the next larger container size once each year.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.