Japanese Jewel (Atropurpureum)
POT MEASUREMENTS: Approx. 10cm(Ø) x 9cm(H)
Pot color and size may vary and change subject to availability
Out of stock
Japanese Jewel also known as maple trees have a variety of shapes, and their range of leaf colours, shapes and autumn colours make for year-round interest, especially for smaller gardens.
- Small, slow-growing deciduous trees with a graceful habit, ideal for smaller gardens.
- Flowers are insignificant but the foliage is often deeply lobed in shades of green, yellow and burgundy, all of which colour well in autumn.
- Dappled or afternoon shade, especially when young
- Well-drained, consistently moist soil, neither excessively wet nor dry.
- Make sure there’s a drainage hole and it will not survive in soggy soil.
- Use quality potting soil — but not one that contains slow-release fertilizer that might burn roots.
- Fertilize sparingly. Apply a water-based fertilizer, diluted to half-strength, when growth begins in spring.