Juncus Pencil Grass
Pot Measurements : Approx. 12cm(Ø) x 10cm(H)
Out of stock
Juncus is an unusual houseplant, annual, or perennial that has wonderful, gray-green textural leaves.
- It originates from Africa.
- It is suitable for home and garden, and a great addition along a pond edge.
- It is a very graceful plant with deep green round grass stalks.
- Some varieties have extra interest because their leaves twist and curl as they grows, making them look like living sculptures.
- While these exotic plants look hard to grow, they’re actually easy indoors and out!
- Indoors, use juncus to add flair to your desk at work or school, or as a dramatic accent in your kitchen, living room, or den.
- Its gray-green leaves are a lovely neutral color, making it work with just about any interior color scheme.
- Outdoors, juncus is perfect for garden beds and borders, as well as adding fantastic texture to container gardens.
- As long as the roots are able to sit in shallow water, it can tolerate full sun, but partial shade is ideal for this plant when it is displayed indoors.
- Outdoors, this plant is a rather hardy selection and, as a houseplant, can tolerate a range of temperatures, but 16 to 24°C (65-75°F) is ideal.
- Because this is a marginal aquatic plant, soil should be kept moist at all times.
- To ensure constantly moist soil, pots that have drainage may be partially submerged into another container filled with water, replicating the bog-like conditions in which this plant naturally grows.
- Apply a balanced liquid fertiliser at half strength once a month during the growing season.