Lace Aralia (Polyscias guilfoyei)
Pot Measurements : Approx. 14.5cm(Ø) x 12cm(H)
- These tropical plants grow best in well-drained, loamy, rich, acidic potting mix.
- A standard potting mix with some additional perlite added works well for container grown plants.
- In an indoor setting aralias like very bright, indirect lighting. When choosing an indoor location, look to a north window.
- The plants enjoy morning sun. Avoid full sun for indoor plants. If kept outdoors during the warmer months, most Polyscias do well in partial shade to full sun.
- When watering your Aralia plant indoors, keep a close eye on the soil.
- When it is nearly dry, provide a thorough, deep watering.
- Do not allow the plant to stand in water, and do not allow the soil to become completely dry.
Humidity & Temperature
- These tropical plants enjoy high humidity, so it’s a good idea to set your container on a pebble tray to keep the ambient moisture levels high.
- Some recommend daily misting as a good practice but I have not found the need. Keep the room temperature above 60° degrees Fahrenheit.
Pruning & Grooming
- The plant reaches a maximum height of about eight feet tall and has a spread of two or three feet.
- Unless you have unlimited space, it’s a good idea to keep indoor plants’ size under control with regular pruning of the branch tips.
- This practice also encourages the plant to grow in a more bushy, dense manner. Use the cuttings to propagate more plants.
- The flowers grow in inflorescences of about six inches in length. In the wild, in the tropics flowers develop into a drupe.
- Flowering is very unlikely to happen when the plant is cared for as a houseplant or in a less-than-tropical outdoor setting.
- Aralias make wonderful indoor plants once they are acclimated to their new surrounds.
- Much like the Ficus benjamina expect your polyscias to drop a large mass of leaves when moving indoors.
- Be patient, DO NOT start watering heavy and fertilizing.
- Give the plant time to adjust to its new surroundings, lighting conditions and humidity levels.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Chinese New Year, Festive, Plants, Flowering Plants, Orchids, Potted Plant$38.00 inc. GST
Chinese New Year, Festive, Plants, Flowering Plants, Orchids, Potted Plant$98.00 inc. GST
- $8.00 inc. GST
- $10.00 inc. GST