Lucky Bamboo (Curly – Rustic Pot)
Pot Size: Approx. 18cm(Ø) x 11cm(H)
Overall Height approximately (50cm)
PRODUCT IMAGE SHOWN MAY VARY TO ACTUAL PRODUCT SOLD AND MAY CHANGE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY POT COLOR AND SIZE MAY VARY AND CHANGE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE TAKEN TO AN APPROXIMATE VALUE
Lucky Bamboo (Curly – Rustic Pot)
- The “Lucky Bamboo Plant” really isn’t a bamboo even though it may resemble one.
- It comes from the Dracaena family and is the species Dracaena Sanderiana.
- Also known as Lucky Bamboo, Ribbon Dracaena, Ribbon Plant, Belgian Evergreen, Chinese Water Bamboo, Friendship Bamboo, Water Bamboo.
- It is native to Cameroon in West Africa.
- It has become widely popular due to its ability to intertwine eastern mysticism with western new age culture.
- It is a popular Feng Shui plant.
- It can be grown hydroponically or in soil.
- They make a wonderful gift for a home or office, everyone loves the unusual look, combined with easy care and long-lasting display.
PROPER CARE FOR DRACAENA SANDERIANA
- Bright indirect light.
- Too much direct sunlight can cause the leaves to burn.
- Lack of light will cause weak growth, stretching, and poor color.
- Low light conditions will, also, cause stunted growth and inhibit new leaf growth.
- The light requirements the same whether grown in water or in soil.
- Dracaena sanderiana needs moderate temperature.
- Normal household temperatures are fine 16-24°C (60-75°F).
- However, placing it next to an air vent or a door can cause problems due to rapid temperature changes.
DRACAENA SANDERIANA GROWN IN WATER
- Grown in water is known under the common name Lucky Bamboo.
- Erect, bright green, cane-like stem with terminal, corkscrew twist bearing shoots of small, lance-shaped, parallel-veined, green leaves.
- The water level should be at least 5cm (2 in).
- Make sure the roots are covered with water; add water to keep the water level constant.
- Every couple of weeks change the water completely.
- Refill the container with clean water. It is sensitive to the salts and chemicals in tap water; use distilled water or rainwater if possible.
- If you must use tap water let it set in an open container overnight; this will let the chlorine evaporate.
- However, there is no way to remove the fluoride from the tap water.
- Fluoride can cause leaf tips to turn brown.
- Low humidity can cause leaf tips to turn brown as well.
- Mist the leaves every couple of days if the lack of humidity is a problem.
- Fertilize the plant every couple of months.
- A diluted (tenth of the normal strength) water-soluble houseplant fertilizer.
- The best time to fertilize is when you change the water.
- Lucky Bamboo liquid fertilizer is a handy fertilizer to use.
DRACAENA SANDERIANA GROWN IN SOIL
- Grown in the soil is known under the common name Ribbon Plant.
- Lance-shaped, twisted, shiny, green leaves with cream/white margin; Up to 22cm (8 in) long; a tall erect, cane-like stem; bunches of 10’s.
- SOIL & WATER
- It should be kept moderately moist.
- It does not like to be soggy or dry.
- To determine water needs stick your finger in the soil up to your first knuckle (about 2cm (1 in) deep); if the soil feels dry, it is the time to water the plant.
- It is very important for it has good drainage when planted in soil.
- It will need to be misted every couple of days.
- It requires the same type of fertilizer as those grown in water, however, you will need to fertilize once a month.
- Just replace one of your regular water cycles with the diluted water-soluble fertilizer.
- $6.50 inc. GST
- $5.00 inc. GST
Chinese New Year, Decorated Centerpieces, Flowers, Festive, Orchids$98.00 inc. GST
- $10.00 inc. GST