Pot Size: Approx. 8cm(Ø) x 7cm(H)
Pot color and size may vary and change subject to availability
Nandina Domestica commonly known as nandina, Heavenly Bamboo or sacred bamboo, is a species of flowering plant in the family Berberidaceae, native to eastern Asia from the Himalayas to Japan.
- It is the only member of the monotypic genus Nandina.
- It is widely grown in gardens as an ornamental plant since it has a number of cultivars that display bright-red fall foliage in the cool months with attractive new foliage growth in spring.
- Nandina is derived from the Japanese name, nanten.
- Domestica means ‘domesticated’, or ‘of the household’.
- It prefers some shade and it likes to be sheltered.
- However, keep in mind that it produces better foliage color and berries in the sun.
- It can be grown in almost any type of soil.
- However, make sure that this plant thrives in rich, well-drained soil.
- In case that the soil in your garden is alkaline, make sure to add some iron to make it suitable for it to grow.
- This is an evergreen plant that grows slowly.
- In order to make it thrive, you need to provide it with regular waterings.
- Apply some balanced fertilizer and treat it with some mulch of rotted leaves.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- $10.00 inc. GST
- $6.00 – $10.00 inc. GST
Chinese New Year, Festive, Plants, Orchids$38.00 inc. GST
- $98.00 inc. GST