Phalaenopsis Orchid (Various Colors)
Plastic Container Size: Approx. 9cm(Ø) x 10cm(H)
Overall Height approximately (54cm-70cm)
Should you require planting service, kindly choose a pot so that planting can be done.
All orchids come with a plastic container ONLY. Any other Design Pot shown in the image is only for display purposes.
Select from our wide range of Design Pots or Glassware to go with your Phalaenopsis Orchid
BEFORE CHECKOUT PLEASE REFER TO OUR 'TERMS OF SALE' UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS POLICY. THANK YOU.
Phalaenopsis Orchid (Various Colors)
- Phalaenopsis Orchid which is called the beginner’s orchid is known for its ability to withstand different conditions due to its toughness.
- It is a popular type of orchid flower in Singapore that is easy to care for.
- Suitable for flower delivery in Singapore for any occasion.
- So if you are planning to have a houseplant that will not give you stress then you can consider taking care of Phalaenopsis Orchid.
- The Phalaenopsis or ‘Moth Orchid’ is the most common orchid due to its ease of production and the availability of blooming plants year-round.
- They are easily grown in the home and stay in bloom for a very long time.
- A mature one will be in bloom much of the year with graceful inflorescences loaded with good-sized blooms.
- From pure whites to unusual spotted harlequins, Phalaenopsis are sure to please.
- Unlike many other orchids, Phalaenopsis can be repotted anytime, though it is usually best to do so when not in bloom.
- The culture of Phalaenopsis orchids involves windowsill light and consistent moisture.
- They do very well as houseplants and will grow and flower in a moderately bright windowsill.
- Each year a Phalaenopsis will grow one or two new leaves.
- Once the growth phase is complete, usually in the fall, a bloom spike will emerge from the stem beneath the second or third leaf from the top.
- Instead of regular soil, they need potting material that mimics a host tree or comes from a tree, such as ground fir tree bark, redwood bark chips, or Monterey pine bark chips.
- Most bark potting media will work.
- Also, make sure there is some perlite, sphagnum moss, charcoal, or coconut husk chips mixed in to help with water retention.
- You can also buy a commercial potting mix that is made special for orchids.
- No matter the potting media you use, make sure there is plenty of air circulation for the rooting system.
- They are accustomed to breezes and wind and don’t do well without it.
- During the growing season, fertilize with a weak orchid fertilizer weekly (“weakly weekly,” as the growers say).
- Cut fertilizer back to once a month during the winter and flowering season.
- Some growers like to give the plant a boost of blooming fertilizer in September or October to provoke a flower spike.
- Good light is required for phalaenopsis but they can experience absolutely no direct sunlight, or the leaves will scorch.
- Rotate the plant from time to time to keep growth equal.
- It can tolerate low light and will thrive in an east window, or a shaded southerly or westerly exposure.
- Also, they will do well under common grow lights positioned about a foot from the plant.
- A well-grown plant will have darker green leaves on top and streaks of red or burgundy on the undersides.
- Phalaenopsis is a monopodial orchid, which means that it grows from a single stem.
- It does not have the large water-storing pseudobulbs found on sympodial orchids, although its leaves can store some water.
- Thus, this plant has a lower tolerance for drought.
- During the growing season, water the plant weekly or whenever its exposed roots turn silvery white.
- Water them in the morning and try to keep the potting media slightly damp.
- During the flowering season, you can cut the water back to every other week.
- Water should never be allowed to rest around the stem of the plant.
- This will cause the new leaves to rot, and the plant will die.
Chinese New Year, Decorated Centerpieces, Father's Day, Hari Raya, Phalaenopsis, Flowers, Festive, Orchids$35.00 inc. GST
- $3.50 – $7.00 inc. GST
Chinese New Year, Decorated Centerpieces, Flowers, Festive, Orchids$68.00 inc. GST
Chinese New Year, Decorated Centerpieces, Flowers, Festive, Orchids$35.00 inc. GST