POT MEASUREMENTS: Approx. 8cm(Ø) x 7cm(H)
Pot color and size may vary and change subject to availability
Pleiospilos nelii (plee-oh-SPIL-os), also known as the Split Rock, is a flowering perennial succulent plant hailing from South Africa.
- The genus Pleiospilos plant name comes from two Greek words: first ‘pleios’, means many and the second part, ‘spilos’ means spot.
- It is a member of the Aizoaceae (ay-zoh-AY-see-ee) family and often confused with Lithops (living stones).
- Also known as Cleft Stone, Mimicry Plant.
- This stemless plant has 2 or 4, opposite, almost hemispherical, grey-green or brownish leaves.
- This South African plant likes lots of light and warm temperatures.
- It does best indoors in a south-facing window in winter.
- In the summertime, allow Pleiospilos to enjoy bright outdoor light.
- Protect it against a very harsh afternoon full sun.
- These plants need little water so water sparingly.
- Water the plant allowing the potting mix to become moist and until it runs through the drainage holes in the bottom of the pot just like any other cacti.
- Do not water again until the potting soil becomes completely dry and the plant begins to wither a bit.
- Remember, the size of the plant allows them to naturally among pebbles, sandstone, and quartz gravel, and require an exceptionally sharp well-draining soil.
- Avoid organic material in the soil mix.
- A mixture of one part succulents potting soil and three parts pumice works well.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Chinese New Year, Festive, Plants, Orchids$38.00 inc. GST
Chinese New Year, Festive, Plants, Orchids$80.00 inc. GST
- $10.00 inc. GST
- $88.00 inc. GST