Rose Painted Calathea (Goeppertia Roseopicta)
Pot Measurement : 15cm(Ø) x 11cm(H)
Rose Painted Calathea also known as Goeppertia roseopicta, is noted for its striking variegated leaves.
- In the wet tropics and sub-tropics, this plant is commonly grown outdoors in shaded areas and courtyards for display of its highly ornamental foliage.
- It is native to tropical areas along the upper Amazon in northwestern Brazil, Peru and Columbia. In the U.S., it will survive outdoors in far southern Florida and Hawaii, but otherwise must be grown indoors in containers.
- This is a compact, rhizomatous, evergreen perennial that typically grows to 12-16” tall in containers. Elliptic leaves (to 6-10” long) are glossy dark green with a distinctive rose-colored midrib and an irregular feathering of rose markings forming a ring between the midribs and leaf margins.
- Leaf undersides are reddish-purple. Leaves fold together at dusk in a manner somewhat resembling praying hands, hence the sometimes used common name of prayer plant.
- Inconspicuous, white to purple flowers bloom in spring on upright stalks, but flowers rarely appear on indoor plants.
- With good humidity, consistent soil moisture, warm air temperature, and an absence of direct sun, this tropical perennial will usually develop into an extremely attractive indoor foliage plant.
- Best indoor container growth typically occurs in uniformly moist, well-drained, peaty potting mixtures in room temperatures ranging from 65 to 75 degrees F. in bright shade locations.
- Avoid full sun, particularly in the heat of the afternoon.
- Tolerates some early morning sun or diffused sun.
- Plants need high humidity which can often be difficult to provide in winter.
- Consider standing a potted plant on a bed of wet pebbles, misting the foliage regularly and/or growing the plant in a humidified room.
- Water regularly to keep soils moist (but not wet) during the growing season.
- Reduce watering in winter when plant growth typically slows down.
Click here for more info.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- $8.00 inc. GST
- $18.00 inc. GST
- $10.00 inc. GST
- $12.00 inc. GST