POT MEASUREMENTS: Approx. 14cm(Ø) x 7cm(H)
Pot color and size may vary and change subject to availability
Serissa is a genus of flowering plants in the family Rubiaceae, containing only one species, Serissa japonica.
- It is native to open sub-tropical woodlands and wet meadows in southeast Asia, from India, and China to Japan.
- It is commonly called the snow rose, tree of a thousand stars, or Japanese boxthorn; and was formerly called Serissa foetida.
- ‘Foetida’ refers to the unpleasant, vomit-like, odor that the trees give off if their leaves are pruned or bruised.
- This species of Serissa is a variegated version, expected to bloom white flowers.
- When nightly lows do not dip below 40 degrees, your bonsai should be placed outside, such as on a patio, balcony, terrace or in a garden.
- Once outside, your bonsai should be positioned where it will receive sufficient sun – morning sun and afternoon shade is best.
- Apply water when the soil appears dry – never allow the soil to become completely dry.
- If your bonsai is receiving full sun, it may be necessary to water once a day.
- Evaluate each tree’s water requirements and adjust your watering schedule to accommodate it.
- It is a good idea to use a moisture meter until you get to know the requirements of your bonsai tree.
- Watering should be done with a watering can or hose attachment which should dispense the water in a soft enough manner as not to disturb the soil.
- Water should be applied until it begins running out of the holes in the bottom of your pot.
- Fertilizing is also necessary if your bonsai is to remain healthy and beautiful.
- Since your bonsai is growing in such a small amount of soil it is necessary to replenish the soil’s supply of nutrients periodically.
- Any general-purpose liquid fertilizer will do fine and is available at most garden centers.
- Suggested fertilizers will be used at half their recommended strength.
- Your bonsai will also respond well to foliar feeding, with a water-soluble fertilizer applied every other month as a spray.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.