Pot Measurement : Approx. 8cm(Ø) x 7.5cm(H)
Sliver Tree, aka Pilea spruceana has a narrow, serrated, chocolate colored leaf with a broad silver band running down its center. It has a compact, upright habit to 10 inches high and wide. Flowers are inconspicuous. Although it likes terrarium conditions, it might be a bit large for such usage. Ideal in a mixed planting of house plants, such as with fancy leaf begonias, thus creating a nice contrast.
- If its leaves are to be intensely coloured, Pilea spruceana has to be placed bright to part sunny.
- Locations with morning, evening and winter sun are well suited.
- If the pot is situated at least one meter behind the window, summer sun also does no harm.
- Semi-shade will be tolerated but the leaves can turn green there.
- Silver Tree grows well in peat-free vegetable soil, which I use for almost all my indoor plants.
- Regular mixtures for houseplants or cacti are also suitable.
- The soil should always kept moderately moist but not wet.
- Allow it to dry up to approximately 80% of the pots height before watering.
- If Pilea spruceana is is placed at 15 to 20°C during winter it needs less watering.
- From spring to fall feeding can be done with liquid or long-term fertilizers like sticks, granules or pellets.
- Liquid fertilizer can be given every 4th to 8th and sticks, granules or pellets in spring and summer.
- New bought or recently repotted plants don’t need to be fed for the first year.
- Pilea spruceana is adapted to subtropical to tropical climates and can be placed warm all year round.
- Wintering at 15 to 20 °C (59 to 68 °F) is possible. For a short time, 10 °C (50 °F) will be tolerated.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.