Pot Measurement : Approx. 7cm(Ø) x 6.5cm(H)
The purple Velvet Plant, or Gynura aurantiaca, is one of the most unique houseplants you can grow. This is due to the odd velvety purplish hairs that it produces on its green leaves.
- They should be placed in areas of your home that receive bright, but filtered sunlight. If they don’t get enough light, their leaves will lose the brilliant purple color that the plant is known for.
- The roots of purple velvet plants are incredibly delicate and can rot easily. For this reason, soil should be kept only moderately moist at all times. Whatever you do, do not over water this plant!
- Because of how sensitive the roots are, you should use a potting soil that retains some moisture but drains quite well. You can even add some rocks or gravel to the bottom of your pot to ensure that water is draining well.
- Gynura aurantiaca is a heavy feeder and can be fertilized once a week during the growing season. Use a simple high quality plant fertilizer that is diluted to 50% of the recommended strength.
- During the winter months you can reduce fertilizing to once a month or stop completely if the plant is not growing at all.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.